"My boys may not have travelled the world, but they have certainly travelled Alberta."

Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 27 - Another Night to Party

We finally made it back to Carson Pegasus shortly after 6pm. Not bad at all. We drove down to the public beach and small convience store. Once again my 12 year-old had managed to fill half a bottle with his pee. I really had started something.

We bought some treats and some magic fire. Normally for my youndest we have fireworks out at the farm for his birthday; however this year it wasn't going to happen. It was too strange with just losing Hubby's dad. I decided that this year we'd try the magic fire.

After walking along the shoreline and seeing all the fishers we went back to the van. I was surprised but neither of the boys wanted to go swimming. We ran into a family from the boy's school who were also tenting at the lake. It was wonderful to see someone else we knew taking advanture of the great landscapes and opportunties Alberta has to offer. It got me thinking about when I used to camp with my family as a child. We used to see so many tents and RVs were rare, now it almost seems like tents are becoming somewhat of an oddity. Why is that? Have we become that reliant on modern comforts?

I delivered the wood to the site next to mine and had a quick visit. We decided to join up later for some quick marshmellow roasting. Their son really wanted to play with the boys. We started the fire and ate dinner, we relaxed for a bit and then went over to the other site. The boys were very annoyed with me. They would much rather have sat by the fire all night. They very patiently blew some bubbles with him and roasted a couple of marshmellows before heading back to our site. I was soon to follow.

As the sun set for the evening and the darkness settled in, we decided that it was time for the magic fire. It was really cool. I was very skeptical about it actually working, but sure enough our fire started to dance verious different colours: purple, blue, green...

No comments:

Post a Comment