"My boys may not have travelled the world, but they have certainly travelled Alberta."

Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15 - Moose Lake here we come or not

The van was ready and packed. The boys and I were ready to go catch-up with some friends in Moose Lake. We'd even be able to stop in Vilna, Glendon and Smoky Lake. However, the trip never came to be. Unfortunately things took a bad turn for my father-in-law and I stayed at their place to care for him, giving his wife a chance to be his wife and not a care-giver. Although I hoped things would improve and we could still make it out to Moose Lake before Sunday, they did not. I was their 24h, until he passed away early Sunday morning.

Being with family was where I wanted to be, and I was glad that we hadn't left for the trip or been away when all of this was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment