"My boys may not have travelled the world, but they have certainly travelled Alberta."

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Aug 28 - Is it really coming to an end?

With school starting on Monday, this really is the final stretch of our journey. Where did summer go and how do I still have so many unvisited places on my list?

We left High Prairie and drove S towards Swan Hills, the geological center of Alberta. We took photos with the wilderness scene and enjoyed a quick lunch at the local restaurant. The three kids looked a bit glum knowing we were nearing the end of the road. Once again, we forgot to look for the Center marker before leaving town. Fort Assiniboine to see the World's Largest Wagon Wheel and Pix Axe. I don't think the boys even left the vehicle this time. It was one of those, been there done that moments. I got some lovely photos of the flowers outside the museum. Finding the bear was of course forgotten as we drove towards the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment